2.16.2013

Twinings Pure Peppermint

Mint! I am not fund of mint since I had a bad experience about it when I was younger. So every time there's mint flavor, I would definitely not get it. Mint Ice Cream, Mint Candy, Mint Cup Cakes, Mint Chocolate - I love all the sweets but since has mint on it then it's definitely out! But like in any rules, there will always be an exception. And for me, in mints it will be tea in mint flavor. Yes mint flavored tea is something I love!

 I don't know if I have already shared with you that I love tea. I am more of a tea person rather than a coffee person. I am just not used to drinking coffee except for frapuccinos or flavored coffees haha! But I still drink coffee, I just prefer teas. A coffee for me is a dessert haha!

I've tried other mint teas before but for this post I'll be sharing you my experience with Twinings Pure Peppermint. After milk teas, I think that Pinoys are already drinking more teas as evident to several tea brands popping out in the market plus there are also a lot of tea boutiques opening in the metro. As far as I know, Twining have been available here in the Philippines for quite some time now but I think it's only last year where they have been aggressive promoting the brand. They have cute and very chic displays in the supermarket.


Since I love mint teas, I definitely got the peppermint flavor. Twinings is a UK tea brand particularly from London. I don't really have a lot of knowledge about Twinings but I just know it's a popular brand of tea. So I did some research and found out that Twining is actually the surname of the founder! To know more about Twinings, check out their website. What's great about Twinings tea is their teas really came from leaves as they also have their own tea factory and they grow their own teas.


Moving on to my Twinings Pure Peppermint experience. It really smelled minty before opening. It smells refreshing and relaxing which I think will be very good when stressed in the office (I maybe talking about personal experience?? haha). It somehow will help you relieve stress! I love the very chic packaging of Twinings, it looks very delicate and upscale specially the gold background of the logo. But I was surprised when I saw that the tea bag is the same with the other tea brands. It's like a paper tea bag, I expected it to be the same with the tea bag of TWG (you may want to read my previous post).


This mint tea is actually a green tea. The aroma is really good! It's very minty! It smells very refreshing! On my first cup of tea, it was not that refreshing as I expected. The tea tasted a little strong but it is ok with me. It was not as minty as the other brand that I have tried. But I love it when it was hot! I am the type of person that use my tea bag for one whole day so I can drink several cups of tea. I think on my third cup of this Twinning Peppermint tea, it's the time I tasted the minty taste since I think that the tea taste is getting weaker already. I decided to just place warm water and after a while when it started to get cooler it tasted refreshing. I didn't do it on purpose but it's a nice discovery that I will do in the future. Accidental discovery haha!

Look at the tea leaves!




It's not good nor bad. It was ok but I expected more for Twinings. But then since I love tea I think I will still consider getting this. I would also like to try their other variants. But what I like about Twinings tea is that their tea leaves looks very real. It's like it has just been plucked from the ground. I love it as I am sure that the tea I am drinking is an authentic tea.

What Twinings Tea have you tried??

-XOXO-



2 comments:

  1. I want to try this! I've tried their green tea collection (with 5 flavors) and so far, green tea with mint is my fave. I haven't tried this yet, but I think I will like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your post too! It gives me idea on what variant to choose! You should try TWG! I'm sure you'll like it but I find it expensive. hehe

      Delete