4.28.2013

Lime 88

I've been posting a lot of food post lately, but no I'm not leaving beauty and fashion blogging. Here's another food post that is some kind of a different from what I usually post. This restaurant offers Filipino street food / Filipino popular food made into a gourmet. Do you get it? Or it's a little confusing??? Continue to read on......

Let's start with our first dish, the famous Filipino street food! Filipino street food are mostly animal organs. Yucky?? Nah! Taste it and you'll know. The most popular ones are intestines (pig or chicken). Another very popular Filipino street food would be pork barbecue! 


This street food gourmet taste good. Though it doesn't taste any different from that ones that we buy on street. What makes it different is that we are sure of the cleanliness and it's presentation. It comes with a gravy but I like it better when dipped with vinegar. This street food was cooked well and not raw plus all of the skewers were soft.


We also ordered nachos. Though nachos are common appetizers, we wanted to know the difference of this nachos. The sauce that they use is sweet and sour sauce instead of salsa. The beef was tender and not malansa. This nachos has enough amount of toppings. I just wish they add some cheese. :)


A very well known Filipino fish is tilapia! I love eating fish and this fish is one great dish! This fish was so crispy and delicious. I was able to really taste the fish as if it's like a home cooked dish. Super Like. It's not salty too!


In a Filipino meal, one staple food that will always be available is rice! Filipinos love to eat rice and having a delicious fish above, then we should definitely have rice! The rice was ok, it's not that flavorful. 


One ulam wouldn't be enough so we ordered pork liempo! Another very popular Filipino dish partnered to our rice! This liempo was very good! Very flavorful and not salty. It has the right quantity / pieces too. The great thing about this liempo was that it wasn't oily and the meat wasn't composed of fat only. The meat was juicy and soft.


We love to eat so we also tried their pasta! Their pasta is different, like this one... it's aligue pasta. Aligue is crab fat / egg, the sound of it seems yummy already. True enough, this pasta was yummy, I really tasted the aligue. The sauce was creamy while the pasta was ok and not soggy. The garlic bread on the side taste good too.


 One very popular dish for Filipinos would be tuyo! Tuyo are very affordable and salty so a few pieces partnered with rice will be able to fill up a very hungry stomach. And for Lime 88, they had it in a pasta. I don't really eat tuyo but I appreciated this pasta. I was able to really taste the tuyo as it blended very well with the white sauce. 

We were very full but there were still some room for dessert so here's what we ordered. Their desserts were mostly cakes.


I already forgot the name of this cake, but it was good. The taste was light even if it was like a mamon type texture of cake.


This chocolate cake was good. I appreciated it even if it's a little bitter due to dark chocolate taste. I like it as it melts in the mouth. I suggest that you eat both cakes together as they complement each other.

Have you tried at Lime 88? How was your experience? For me, I do like my experience and am willing to go back and try their other dishes.

Lime 88 has a very casual and relaxed atmosphere. I wasn't able to take photos of the place since there were a group that reserved some parts of the restaurant during our visit.

-XOXO-




2 comments:

  1. read about this years and years ago but never really had a chance to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned about it that day lang haha!

    ReplyDelete