4.28.2013

Gavino's Japanese Donut

When strolling around the mall, I love to look around and see if there are new things that I am not familiar of. In times of new discoveries I do love to try them out, I just love to try new things. So here's a new discovery that me and my family found when were just running some errands.


Another donut in the metro??? What will set it apart?? Let's find out........


It's my first time to see Gavino's and they are in a kiosk form. Gavino's is a Japanese donut which is their difference from the other donut brands available.


Gavino's is very affordable as presented in their menu board above..... 


Gavino's has a lot of flavors and the circles that you see above is the pon de balls which are smaller sized Japanese donuts priced 15 pesos for regular and 25 pesos for premium flavors.


We used to have donuts in circle shape but for Gavino's they have a different shape! They have the traditional circle donuts too but they will be popular with their ring shape donuts.


Look! They have a lot of flavors! They have old fashioned flavors and modern / new flavors too. They are catering to the different taste of the market.


Gavino's is another donut brand in the metro, but what sets them apart is their wide variety of flavors plus the shape of their donuts. But wait, what really sets them apart is the chewy texture of their donut! So let's try it out and find out if it is really chewy!


 So here's what we got, since we are just trying out Gavino's we get the pon de ball size in red velvet and green tea flavors.


Their packaging is simple but looks neat. I like their brand logo as it somehow looks like Japanese but they also included the shape of their donut.


Let's start with Red Velvet flavor.


  • It is indeed chewy! I appreciate its chewiness! I like it
  • Though I can't really taste the red velvet flavor
  • The frosting was actually cream cheese and not the red velvet taste frosting
  • The cream cheese was very flavorful
  • It's somehow oily
  • It wasn't very full donut but the middle isn't air


Let's move on to the green tea flavor.


  • This is very chewy too
  • Unlike the red velvet flavor, this one taste very green tea. I can really taste the green tea flavor
  • It's somehow oily too
  • It wasn't very full donut but the middle isn't air


Gavino's donut is really chewy, I just don't know how they make it chewy. Do you know how they make it chewy?? It's somehow oily so I wish they can find a way to minimize it. I recommend you to get the usual flavor as I think that those flavors will be more flavorful. But then again, it's good to try all the flavors too! :) I will definitely get some Gavino's again!

Btw, they have free taste and it's the reason why we bought some Gavino's. We asked what's their difference with the other donuts and Gavino's staff told us that their donut is chewy. True enough when we tried their free taste, it was chewy indeed so we decided to get some.

-XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment