4.14.2013

Chef's Home

Another must try or must go restaurant when in Baguio. I actually didn't researched nor had any idea where to eat when in Baguio. Thanks to my friends who searched and brought me to this next place that I want to share with you all! 

Welcome to Chef's Home where you can taste some different delicacies from Asia (A taste of Asia)! This is actually easy to find since it's near THE MANSION. 


Chef's Home is actually a HOME. I heard that they started only from a small area which is right outside or I think at the garage of this humble place. And since many of the tourist are coming to dine at Chef's Home, they improved and made the place larger to accommodate more customers! Yippe! But mind you, it's better to go early since most of the sits are well reserved!


Here's the menu of the day you can see the different specialty from Asia.


Look! They have been awarded as the Best New Restaurants this 2013! And when I saw this.. I got excited and suddenly I had big expectations with Chef's Home.



Here's what we ordered with the help of the server too.

Thai Crispy Papaya Salad


This salad is so good! It's actually my first time to try a Papaya Salad and it's really crispy! The salad dressing was great! It' sour but not tingling on the throat. It taste like tamarind sour vinaigrette. This is really one great salad!
Nasi Goreng 
The rice! I can say they used a quality rice! So flavorful!

Sweet and Sour Dory
I love seafood specially fish! As a typical Fil-Chi, I love eating sweet and sour food but this one is different. It doesn't taste like those in chinese restaurants. It taste like sweet and sour gourmet! The Dory btw, it's so fresh and soft! 
Coffeelicious Pork
 This is something different! The coffee flavor was great and it worked! The pork was soft and tender! It has a crunch and soft sweet taste. This is a must try!

Roti Chef's Home with Coffee sauce and Banana
This is one good dessert! The roti was soft but not soggy soft, all the ingredients blended well together. The banana was fresh too, though the peach was a little sour. But all together it was great!

The dessert came out way too late. We also noticed that the food from the other tables took a long time to come out. We were lucky we arrived there early and got a table even with out any reservations plus our food came out fast except for the dessert. I overheard the other table that it was worth the wait. They were also very satisfied with the taste of the food. But I do still hope that they can address it as I observed that there were cancelled orders. Sayang din!

Here are some more pictures of the area for you to appreciate more. 



More tables outside 
Table centerpiece
For sale!
They plant their own spices! Like! 

Welcome!

Hi there! Well behaved German Shepherd.

Another very recommendable restaurant to go to when in Baguio!


Have you tried Chef's Home already??


-XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment