4.06.2013

Trader Joe's Speculoos Crunchy Cookie Butter

Hi there! Yes I know, I am very sorry for MIA... I've been out of town during the last long vacation. Definitely, I would like to share something with you on that trip. I have lots of backlogs that I am very excited to share with you all like this post. 

I didn't know that there's a hype of this Speculoos Cookie Butter (which we can be bought at Blue Kitchen at Power Plant mall) here in the Philippines. I've come to know this product via my sister when she asked me to get her one and of course she shared it to us too. The I recalled that I have already seen this from my friends who were posting this via instagram.

Speculoos Cookie Butter is available in 2 variants, creamy and original. It was very hard to choose which one to get but we finally decided to get the crunchy variant. 


This is a product from Netherlands and look how the label looks enchanted, cartoony or I may say fairy tale too. Like the other spreads, Speculoos Cookie Butter is also placed in a plastic jar.


This is something different as it is not a peanut butter but a spreadable cookie. Speculoos cookies are classic Belgian cookies with great crunch, and a slightly caramelized, almost-but-not-quite-gingerbread flavor. After the cookies are baked to a fabulous finish, they're crushed and mixed with magical ingredients (read: vegetable oils) and turned into a slightly crunchy, supremely spreadable substance we call Cookie ButterIt resembles chunky peanut butter in color and consistency. 


This is a great way to make pancakes, waffles, ice cream, cookies, pretzels, etc. different!


What's great is that they do place the expiry date just above the cap. In any food item, this is very important!


Thumbs up for No artificial flavors or preservatives!



A good thing that Speculoos Crunchy Cookie Butter has a seal too. 

Look how it looks creamy and rich!
 Now, let's put to the test! I've had Speculoos Crunchy Cookie Butter with Wheat Bread.


My verdict:
  • This is another exception to the rule! I really don't like cinnamon but even if this product has cinnamon, I can tolerate it.
  • It taste different and not that very cookie which I like.
  • The crunchy cookie is really crunchy! Unlike in crunchy peanut butters, the peanuts gives the crunch feeling but has the tendency to stick in between teeth. But this one! It's really crunchy like rice crispies or chicharon crisp.
  • It is a little sweet but not too sweet.
  • The taste is really combination of all the ingredients. No ingredient overpowered the other ingredients.
  • It's light on taste but very flavorful (contradicting right???) 
  • It smells light and good too. I can smell the cinnamon, a little coconut and sweet. 


I love it! I would definitely buy this again. 

How do you find this product????

-XOXO-


1 comment:

  1. Trader Joe's
    Speculoos Cookie Butter

    Variants / Flavors
    - Creamy
    - Crunchy (4 Jars Available) P450
    - Cookie & Cocoa Swirl (5 Jars Available) P450
    - Cocoa Almond

    S O L D
    - 1 Cookie and Cocoa Swirl
    - 1 Cookie and Cocoa Swirl


    Authentic
    Imported USA
    Brand New

    Pick-Up
    - Bolivia Street, Brgy. San Isidro, Makati City

    Meet-Ups
    - Cash & Carry Mall (Buendia Makati)
    - SM Hypermarket (Buendia / South Super Hi-way)

    FB: ghielovesbabydrew

    09063348516

    ReplyDelete