1.10.2014

Rhad's Peanut Butter

I always eat breakfast everyday even if I don't feel hungry yet except if there's no work. haha But everyday I think I need to eat up to give me energy in the morning. My daily dose of breakfast is usually bread with either peanut butter, cheese, choco or any spread that you can name. :) Growing up I was used to eating bread only since it's easy to prepare and I eat fairly slow. haha So bread is the way to go, easy to bring along and prepare.

We still have a lot of spreads at home and some are on the line nearing expiration dates already but when I saw this peanut butter from Bag of Beans I got curious and I knew I still have to get it. And here we have it and brought it home with us. 


It looks very home made and when I saw the ingredients that's the time it hit me to get it. It's made of extra virgin olive oil and muscovado sugar. This is a peanut butter healthier version though I think it's still not fully healthy but at least less the guilt. :)

It is widely know the benefits of extra virgin olive oil and muscovado sugar to have lesser calories than regular sugar. So it's worth a try! :)


Upon opening the oil floated at the top of the jar already so I mixed it. Then we placed it in the fridge as indicated on the label. And I have not tried it yet upon opening.


Looking at the actual peanut butter, it looks thick very peanut and seems like to have very peanut taste. But I was only able to try it after several days.

I have spread a lot of products for blogging purposes so that you will be able to see it clearly. Hala ang dami ko talaga nalagay. hehe


Just right out of the fridge, it looks very dark and thick but after a while it settles back to it's normal look. 


The taste:
  • It actually doesn't taste super peanut only
  • It's a balance of peanut and sweet, but it's actually sweeter than the usual peanut butter that I usually have
  • It's doesn't leave oily feel
  • It smells sweet and peanuty
  • It has a different texture, creamy but with peanut texture
  • No crunchy feel of the peanut which I like
  • When just brought out of the fridge it has like a chocnut texture and mouthfeel and somehow the taste
  • I actually like it 
  • Though it's a little pricey at 250pesos but it's a lot in a bottle and is made of good ingredients
More food post to come again. hehe
-XOXO-


No comments:

Post a Comment