3.16.2013

Konjac Sponge

So here's a good find this 2013...... Konjac Sponge. I first saw this from Donnarance's blog. And I was totally intrigued so I researched about it before deciding if I will purchase. 

Konjac is a plant that is widely used in Asian food specially in Chinese and Japanese delicacies. It either can be gelatin or starchy that can be included in noodles or other menus or it can also be like a vegetable like sushis. But to most extent Konjac is very popular in the beauty industry in the form of Konjac sponge. This is actually new for us here in the Philippines (we are kinda late for this already) but it's better to be late than never. 

So what's a Konjac Sponge? To make it easier....... it's a loofah for the face. It sounds a little scary right? Scrubbing a sponge on the face, will it be rough on the skin? will it irritate the skin? will it make the skin red? etc. etc. 


But look at the benefit that it does for the skin. As soon as I read that it can be a substitute to Clarisonic Treatment then I totally want to try it! For a very affordable price I will be able to somehow get the effect of a Clarisonic Treatment? Not bad right?? It's worth a try! (Clarisonic is a home remedy that usually comes with a brush to clean the face, reduce oils, blemishes and actually improves skin and fights acne. ) So when I read about the word acne then I should definitely try this.

So here's what a Konjac Sponge do: 



Look how affordable is this product!

It's so easy to use!

For the first use, just soak the sponge to a warm water for 2 to 3 minutes and voila! You can use it already. Konjac Sponge can be used either with or with our facial wash. On the second use, no need to wait to soak it in water, you just have to wet it and when it turn soft use it in an instant!











My verdict:

  • It's very easy to use! I tried using it with both with and with out facial wash but I prefer to use it alone. (Though I still use my regular facial wash then use Konjac Sponge after)
  • It's very soft on the skin and it really does made my skin very soft! 
  • I love it! I've been using it for around 3 weeks and it made my whole face less oily. 
  • I notice that my skin looks healthier.
  • I feel that my face is cleaner every after using Konjac sponge.
  • Though I read reviews that it can actually help remove make up and you will instantly notice no or less signs of mu after toning. It was not the same for me. I still need to use make up remover and use toner afterwards to ensure that I will remove all mu.
  • It feels very good in the skin.
  • I love that this is made from a plant which makes it very natural! I feel that I am ensured that I won't place another chemical on my face.
  • It became a staple in my routine already. 
  • I would definitely get this again!
Some tips:
  • Don't cut the string as you need to use it to hang the sponge
  • Ensure to hang it properly and don't leave it soaked in water as it can grown mold. Remember this is made from a plant.
  • It's nice to get an oval shape where it fits properly on the hand so it's easier to wipe the face.
I learned that Konjac Sponge is available in different sizes and different types like Charcoal which is good for oily skin, Green Tea for Combination skin, Pink clay for sensitive skin, Red clay for dry skin. There are also big sponges that can be used for the body. I hope we will have the different types here in the Philippines, so Landmark bring it on! :)

-XOXO-

1 comment: