1.17.2013

Wrong shade

Hi guys! How's 2013 for you? For me, I'm pretty good. Still busy with work plus a lot of celebrations to attend the whole month. It's a good thing since I wasn't able to meet up with my close friends during the Holiday Season. But this has nothing to do with my post. :)

If you remember on my previous posts that my sister already got married. It means that she move out already. The thing is, we share almost all of our things together. From clothes, bags, shoes, make up, etc. But it's time to move out already and we finally divided our things (can you imagine how did we decide to divide our things?? haha it's in a peaceful way naman!haha). Though we divided a lot of things, she still needs to buy some personal stuffs for herself and one of which was a loose powder for her everyday use. The thing is she bought the wrong color even if the shade was natural, it is too dark for her. She looked like she wants to have a tan. There were no available tester but she still bought it because I recommended the brand to her. Oh no patay! Though in my defense, I did not recommend any shade. haha! Anyway she told me about it and she didn't know what to do with it. Then I told her I can fix it by buying another loose powder with a lighter shade and mix it with her dark one. After that we can share it together (syempre 2 loose powder na yun!)

So here's how it goes. When you got the wrong shade of loose powder, go get another one with the opposite shade of the one that you mistakenly bought. For this post, my sister got a darker shade for her actual skin tone. To make it wearable again, I thought of getting a loose powder that is one shade lighter than my skin tone.

Dark shade loose powder

Since I just went to the K-Land I listed this on my must have cosmetic items to bring home, e kailangan ko naman talaga e! hehe Since we didn't really had enough time for shopping I decided to get it in the last cosmetic place that we went to. Good thing The Face Shop was available there since I am knowledgeable and aware of their products. I've seen and read an article of The Face Shop my magic touch so I knew I will be getting a good product. So here's the lighter shade since I will be mixing it with the dark shade of my sisters powder.



Lighter shade of loose powder


Look at it's cute fluffy sponge. It's soft and velvety that is great for setting the loose powder. 

First of, place the darker shade of the loose powder in a container and slowly add the lighter shade one until your reach the desired color. How will you know if it's already enough? Brush it off on the side of your hands first. Estimate it and if you feel like it's already ok then brush it off on your face. If it's still dark then continue adding more lighter shade until you reach the right shade. It's really pretty much trial and error. But Voila instant loose powder fix! 


When mixed together until I reached my desired shade according to my skin tone.

Yippee! How the mixed loose powder looked on me.

Look at how it matched my skin tone. You won't even notice of the darker shade right? So when getting the wrong shade of loose powder... Don't loose hope! There will always be instant fix by mixing it with a lighter shade. Don't waste your money! Hope you enjoyed. What are your cosmetics mishaps and how did you fix it? Share me your stories.

-XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment