1.19.2013

Banila Co.

We all know that people in K-Land are vain and are very much particular with their appearance. We know about it because of the Koreanovela that we watch here in the Philippines. So as a make up enthusiast, you know what's next! :) I definitely bought some mu items but I didn't just want to buy because I want them, I want to be a wise buyer and ensure that I will be using the mus that I will get. So ahead of time, I listed the mu that I need like a highlighter, face powder and a lipstick in either plum or tangerine shade. 

In the search for it, I found this brand which we don't have it here yet in the Philippines. It's the first brand that caught my eyes because of their nice packaging and their different types of products. I find that there's something unique with their products.

Here's what I got on the things that I needed.


First up, Banila Co. Marbling Blusher. This is actually available in 3 different colors, but for my skin type I am #03 Temptation. 

Look how chick is their packaging!

It has a brush with it and a mirror same size with the diameter of the packaging. On the first look, it looks like a blusher?




Time for swatches:

with flash

with out flash
When applied, you can see that it's orange in color. Oh no! It's more of a blusher. But wait, don't panic. Let's blend it....


When blended, this is how it looks.... It disappears and do what it does. It gives brightness and glow to the skin and highlight the areas that you want to highlight.

with highlight, can you see how it do it's magic??
On this kind of post, I don't edit photos so that you can see the actual product.
I had a mosquito bite and pardon my blemishes :(
with out highlight, can you see the difference?
with out higlight, see it's flat

What I like about Banila Co. highligther:
  • It has a nice packaging, very chic!
  • It has a mirror especially when I'm on the go.
  • A little goes a long way! 


Now let's move on to Banila Co. De La Rouge Lipstick. Title pa lang chic na right? And again, it really has a nice packaging too!

Box packaging 



Look at the details of the actual lipstick!
with flash
with out flash
 Time for swatches:

It looked pigmented. With the right orange tangerine color that I want. It's more on the pinkish warm color so it's not that bright.



I find it's texture as moisturizing and not that super matte when applied both on my hands and on my lips. It glides easily and little application gives enough color already. Though it doesn't stay long with out any lip liner underneath after eating a meal. Since it's very pigmented you can expect it to stay for a longer period of time if we are not talking about meals.



Here's my final look with Banila Co. Marbling Blusher and De La Rouge Lipstick.

I also placed highlighter on to my nose, tip of my lips, chin and a little on my forehead.
Hope you like it! And I will do another review for Banila Co. Prime Primer Pact since I have not yet  finished my previous face pact.

Interesting right??

Do you have any Banila Co. products? How do you find them. Please share your story to me.

To know more about Banila Co. check out their website (though it's in Korean Language).

-XOXO-

3 comments:

  1. Where did you buy that banila co product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Momo! We just opened SpicedPH, an online shop carrying beauty products from top Korean brands like Innisfree, Banila Co, 3 Concept Eyes, and more! You can check our Facebook account (www.facebook.com/spicedph) or Instagram (@spicedph) to see all our products and their respective prices. All items are on-hand as well, so your order is shipped 1-2 days after payment. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, I bought it at Korea... I think from Duty Free area. :)

    ReplyDelete