1.13.2013

Winter Clothes

As you know on my previous post, I went to K-Land and it was my first winter trip so I really didn't have winter outfitey friendly in my wardrobe. So to anyone of you who will be going to winter wonderland, I want to share with you a list of must have items. This I learned and I want to share with you my experience so that you'll be ready on your trip. Mind you, You don't want to end up staying in the hotel room because you won't be able to stand the freezingly cold temperature then couple it with wind! My oh my! "ang lameg"!!!

 Here's your bff on your winter wonderland trip!

1. Winter/Bubble Jacket
            This is very obvious, with a -16 to -17 degrees Celsius weather plus snow falls and wind, winter and or bubble jackets is a must preferably with hood to protect your neck, head and ears too! Though you may get ear muffs and bonnets, having a hooded jacket was very convenient! I didn't need to pile up more clothes and fix them accordingly to keep myself warm. But it's still recommendable that you get yourselves ear muffs and bonnets.

2. Sweaters
          I never imagined that I will be wearing sweaters during holiday season as I always see it in movies! But wait, no no no! It's not what you're thinking. I am not talking about Christmas sweaters! I am referring to thick sweaters. It will be much better if it is turtle neck type. The thickness really helped me to keep myself warm specially that it's turtle neck, I used it also to cover my mouth area. Sweaters are great too because it's stretchable and loose enough for me to have another layer underneath. I didn't had a problem moving, remember comfort and able to move freely is a must! 

3. Thermal
            No brainer for this one! You really need to have this and don't forget to get one for the lower part of the body! There are no jackets available for our legs and thighs, so thermal is the only garment that will keep you warm. For us living in a tropical country, we may not realize that our legs and thighs gets cold easily. Just make sure to buy a thermal that is thin, I got somehow a thick thermal which keeps going up my legs every time I wear pants. So it defeats its purpose, what I do is to keep on pulling it down until it reach my feet. Mind you, nakakapagod gawin! Instant exercise. haha!

4. Stretchable pants
             Again and again, it is very cold during winter so wearing one layer of clothing is not realistic! Though jeans are thick, it still not enough to keep you warm so you need to wear thermal underneath. When we wear pants, we mostly want to wear skinny jeans only as it gives a sexy look specially for us girls. But how on earth are you going to fit thermals with those skinny jeans??? Like moi, I had 2 more layers underneath my jeans.. I wore tights and thermal. To answer... I was lucky that I have stretchable skinny straight cut jeans! I didn't had a problem moving even if I had 3 layers on me.

5. Winter boots
             At first, I just wanted to buy winter boots for Fashion purposes. But hey! I am glad I got winter boots as it really kept my feet warm for quite some time and is very comfortable (it's like made for walking). Pair it with several socks to ensure that your toes won't get numb because of the cold weather. Just make sure that the boots  your going to get doesn't fit you perfectly. It could be a little loose since you'll be inserting your jeans there and preferably no heels anymore (comfort first). Though I was ok with ankle boots, it will still be better if you get a knee high boots. It will help you keep your legs warm.

6. Gloves
           With out gloves, my hands might have gotten super duper dry! Better to get leather type gloves and if its not enough, you may get thinner knitted gloves and wear it underneath your leather gloves. Ang lameg talaga! You don't want to get sick! If possible try getting sports gloves, it is thicker where the wind won't go in and reach your hands. 

7. Scarf / Mask
             Scarfs are great items during cold weather as it can be used in several ways. You can use it to cover your neck and face. You can also use it to cover your head including your ears. Imagine you're in a freezer with electricfan in front of your face! That is the feeling so it is very important for you to cover your face. I was supposed to buy winter mask at K-Land but I didn't like the designs available.haha sayang lang hindi ko gagamitin if I don't like the design! haha

I was actually not able to have good fashion shots during the trip because of the freezingly cold weather! And as I said, my wardrobe isn't winter friendly so what now? I don't have the time and I don't want to buy a lot of winter stuffs since I won't be able to use it regularly. So how did I plan my winter outfitey attire?? Aside from the must haves, I played with color. Color color color. This is to make my look more fun!

Look how the bubble jacket with hood helped me warm up myself.
Wearing the stretchable pants and of course color!
Scarf


Sweater and color!

Sweater, Color, Jeggings


winter gloves (please don't mind my niece's headband)

winter boots
I hope this helps! :) Enjoy trip to winter wonderland and share me if you've discovered other tips on how to keep yourself warm.

(Giordano bubble jacket, Teranova sweaters, Mango coat, Uniqlo Jeans, Beijing leather gloves, Korea winter gloves - for ski, Giordano thermal, Bench thermal, Baleno thermal, Muji scarf, Muji winter boots)

-XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment