10.26.2012

Davao Durian delicacies


Here's another Filipino delicacy that I want to share with you! When you say Davao, first thing come in  mind is Durian! Though Durian might have a strong smell, it definitely taste good! It's tough on the outside and smelly but it sweet and yummy! Not all likes to eat Durian but for those who knows how to eat Durian, here are some of the Durain delicacy that you should get when in Davao! Since I will not be able to bring home a real fruit, here are the alternative Durian Pasalubong besides the usual Durian Yema, Polvorn, Candy etc. 

Let's start with Durian Cupcake!





Here's my experience with Durian Cupcake. It's very mosit and soft, it's great that it has cover on top to prevent the cupcakes from sticking on the box. Though it doesn't taste very Durian for me but for my sister she said that she can taste the Durian (she doesn't like to eat Durian by the way). This will be a great pasalubong for someone who doesn't really like a strong taste of Durian!


Now let's go on to Durian Pie, I was actually able to see this at the airport already and I was thinking if I will get it. But then I was curious to taste it, so I decided to get it. This pie really taste good!!! For Durian lovers, this is a great pasalubong! It really taste like the real Durian. It's sweet but not too sweet that you feel like eating sugar. The pie is good, it's not that thick and complements the Durian! I would definitely buy this again when I go back to Davao.



It has enough amount of Durian!


By the way I was also able to try other Durian products like the fruit itself, Durian shake which was great as a refresher and of course Durian coffee! Yippe! I also got Durian Hopia which I have not yet eaten yet! What's your Durian story???



-XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment