8.24.2013

BYS Loose Powder


I just finished my previous loose powder and it's time for me to try a different one! For loose powders, I am open and comfortable on trying different brands as long as it will match my skin color. Fortunately I have a fair skin and given that brands available here are mostly Korean and US or Europe brands,  I can find colors that match my skin. 

I went to a department store and searched for what brand of loose powder to buy. I had several brands to choose from and I finally decided to get BYS loose powder. I got BYS because I got curious with the brand. Upon trying the tester, it matched my skin tone and I find that it has a nice consistency. Lastly, I also noticed that it is affordable. But let's continue to discover this loose powder so read along.


To those who are not familiar with BYS, it is an Australian brand. I think it's my first time to hear an Australian brand cosmetics and it's definitely my first time to try it. Base on their website and their outlet stores, I notice that they specialize on colors so I think they are focus more on nail polish, lip colors, eye shadows. I will have to try those next time.


I like their packaging, it's very simple but edgy. It's sturdy too and is not made of very thin materials.

Look at the generous amount of product even if it's affordable.

BYS loose powder is available in 4 colors, Light, Light to Medium, Medium and Dark. For my skin tone, I got the Light color.


It's very affordable. Only P399 for a 13g size.

I like that is individually sealed. I am assured that the product is new.
Every loose powder is inclusive of powder puff for application. But I prefer to use a Loose powder brush.


Besides the outer seal, I appreciate that it also has an inner seal. I am ensured that the product is sealed plus the product won't spill out.


Now let's look at the powder.

with flash

with out flash
 It has a yellowish tone that is great for fair skin colored ladies. Now time for swatches.

with flash

with out flash

Now blending it on my hands.

with flash


with out flash
 Voila! It's gone. It's as if I didn't put any loose powder on my hand.

After road testing the product for more than a week. Here are my observations and experience.

What I like about the product:

  • Matches my skin tone and it looks very natural
  • Very light weight, as if I didn't put any loose powder on my face. It doesn't add up additional layer feeling after applying foundation and concealer
  • It sets my foundation well
  • It doesn't have any fragrance and just smell as a natural powder
  • Like any other loose powder, I need to have re-touch to minimize a shiny look
  • Since it looks natural on me, it doesn't whiten my brows and lashes 
  • It's easy to apply as it has a silky smooth texture
What I don't like about the product:
  • None
I would definitely buy this product again.


Applied bb cream, concealer and BYS loose powder only


What BYS product have you tried?

-XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment