9.03.2012

Pancit ni Mang Juan

Finally!! I learned how to cook adobo!!! My family were all saying that they can already smell the adobo that I was cooking and if it's almost done. And yes I told them that I'm almost done cooking adobo! My gosh... me cook adobo?? Am I kidding you?? Where in fact I don't know how to cook. I can only cook pasta and fried foods. But, No! I am not kidding you. I just did cook adobo but it's not your best cooked chicken or pork adobo. It's Pancit ni Mang Juan in adobo flavor! haha  


It's time to give Lucky Me some competition. :) They've been the all time best selling brand when it comes to Instant Pancit Canton. But now, let's see what will happen as Pancit ni Mang Juan comes along. Mang Juan is originally popular from snack category for their Chicharon ni Mang Juan. It was really a big hit! Being a part of FMCG industry, it's easy for me to learn new products that are specially available in supermarkets. And guess what, when I found this on shelves it seems that people already know about Pancit ni Mang Juan with out them advertising it yet.  I learned about it via my office mates and due to curiosity I bought all the flavors at once. The great thing about their flavors are it's very pinoy! Adobo, BBQ and Tinapa!


I've already tried Adobo and BBQ. And tinapa is still for consumption! hehe BBQ flavor really smelled and taste like the real BBQ and it's spicy. So since we have kids at home,  it's more safe to cook a bandehadong Pancit ni Mang Juan Adobo flavor first. I have not yet tried tinapa flavor also, better to try it first before cooking it for the family (if in case they don't want the smell or the taste...)


See their consistent packaging with Chicharon ni Mang Juan?? It's very Filipino, cartoonish and cute! So attractive for a typical Juan. The packaging are very bright yet modern and doesn't look cheap.


I think it has just the right amount of noodles same with that of Lucky Me. It also has the usual powdered flavoring, soy sauce and oil. For my family, we don't use the oil anymore.



The picture don't really give justice to the final product! If you can just smell it, it really smells like a real adobo! As in the chicken or pork adobo. And mind you, it also taste like the real adobo thing and not just the soy sauce only. I think this is a great product, the flavors are very innovative and stands to it's true flavor. I am glad that it didn't fail my expectation to smell and taste the adobo flavor.


Do try their BBQ flavor too! I tell you it's also good! I hope I can blog about it too soon. But for now, I wanna try the tinapa flavor first. :)

What's the best pair of a Pancit Canton?? No other less than, a sunny side up!! hahaha And if I am not on a diet, I could have gotten some pandesals pa! Takaw much ba?? hehehehe


Share me what do you think about Pancit ni Mang Juan. Can't wait how are they going to advertise this product. They still need to advertise it even if word of mouth is already working for them.

-XOXO-

2 comments: