12.01.2012

Blistex Lip Tone

Merry Christmas everybody! It's the first day of December and everybody's busy with Christmas Parties, Shopping, Gifts, Holiday attires etc! But it doesn't have any connect with my post for today. I just want to feel the Christmas spirit.

My first post for December, I already need to buy lip balm since I will finish it soon. Then I just thought of  why not try something new since there are a lot of lip balms out in the market. So upon choosing what to buy, I finally chose Blistex Lip Tone since I do wanted to try it too. It's a lip balm with a touch of color and SPF. Great right? It's an all in one product that is great for daily use so I don't need to pile a lot of products on my lips everyday just to get the right kissable lips look specially that I don't really a lot a time for make up. I need to do may simple daily make up in just 5 minutes I think... 


I got it with a free big Blistex Paper Clip, I appreciate the free item since I do read books and it looks cute naman...

Blistex Lip Tone works like a lip balm since it is said to have moisturizer-nutrient complex and vitamins and natural extracts.


I also find the lip tube cute as it is colored rose pink in metallic and shimmery type. It has the same size and easy twist with the other lip balms.


The lip tone is also colored rose pink since it is said to have pigments to color the lips while moisturizing it.



Time for swatches: 


I needed to apply it at my hands for more than 2 times as it is not as pigmented as I expected. 


My Verdict:

What I like about the product:
  • It is an all in one product, lip moisturizer, lip color and with SPF.
  • It has high content of SPF at SPF 15.
  • It has cute colored tube!
  • Pinkish natural color.

What I don't like about the product:

  • It's not that pigmented, I need to apply at least 4 times on my lips just to have my desired look.
  • It's not as moisturizing as expected, my lips feels dry if I don't use Carmex or EOS. 
Here's sample look of my lips after applying more than 4 times.



I probably won't going to get this again, I do still need to apply other products so it doesn't serve what I needed. It is also not as bright to have a statement lips.

What's your experience?

-XOXO-



4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    What other Blistex flavors have you tried? I want to try this balm brand. Maybe I’ll buy one on my next makeup purchase. :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pauline,

      I didn't had a first good experience with Blistex so I didn't even tried to get another variant of it. :(

      Delete
    2. I see, sad to hear that :( Do you think I shouldn’t try it?
      xo,
      ~Pauline @Kallony

      Delete
    3. Hi Pauline,

      Maybe you may want to try a different variant. It just didn't work for me. :( Let me know will it gor for you....

      Delete