2.08.2014

2014 Chinese New Year Outfit

Here's what I wore last Chinese New Year. I just had a simple dinner with my family since I will be coming from work and will have to work again the next day.  


It was a weekday so I will be coming from work. I need to have an outfit that will fit for work and for our family dinner. Another factor to consider is that I just commuted going to the office that day.



So I decided to wear a dress that is not too formal but also fit for work and of course in color red. It was said that ancient Chinese peeps wore red since the bad spirits are afraid of red plus it gives good luck. There's no harm in following the belief. :)


I like this dress since it has just the right length. It's not super short but long enough to be worn in the office.  I also like the smooth fabric that's very fit for smart casual events.


I just wore my blazer and my stocked heels when I was in the office. But after office I can just be casual with it and paired it with my ever reliable Yosi Samara flats.


Since I just commuted that day and I know I'll be pigging out again :), I wore minimal accessories. Just wore this classical heart shaped pendant ( I already forgot where I got this) and a simple watch.


Look at how cute the texture and the design of this dress. It's a balance of fierce and wholesome look. The touch of animal print and wide neck but young a line style. I actually wore it with a belt but due to the festivity I needed to remove it (mas mahalata yung fullness ko.. haha!)




(Stradivarious dress, Esprit Watch, Yosi Samara Footwear)

No comments:

Post a Comment